Friday 4 March 2011

blue

I have been lazy ... but there have been many new things to do and little time. Orders have begun to come in for the cards and I am busy designing the 'City', to produce soon. Spring is here even though the cold wild cuts any exposed bare skin like a knife ... but snowdrops are everywhere bravely nodding wisely, and colour begins to emerge from the soil.
 I shall begin to bring colour in here too now. But it is too early in the morning and I have had no tea yet! I photographed these dead hyacinths and almost prefere their dying hues to the vibrant colour of the fresh ones ...



 And this is a gift I made for a friends daughter's marriage in the autumn, which now seems a long time ago. It harks back to work I did when I was about 16, using images cut from magazines, to create little poetic scenes ... I have some somewhere, I will post ... now cuppa!


1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful. I love the subdued pinks and blues. I bet she was thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete