Thursday 9 April 2015

Embroidered Butterflies and France!


it's amazing how many blogs I read start posts with an apology for not writing for a while ... I am joining that throng here but I have an excuse, as do the others but it has been very busy here and writing the blog though very necessary has been a luxury of time I simply have not had ... and there is so much to post too. 

Firstly, the latest fluster is getting ready for Pour l'Amour du fil" which is "An International Show of the Arts of the Thread" Embroidery, Quilting, Knitting and Sewing in Nantes, yes that's France ... so off we go on 20th April with all our good and chattles ... driving in my dirty old Clio all the way to conquer France with the kits! It's all quite exciting. 
See here a short video of last year's event 

IF you are in Nantes to come to this wonderful happening please do find me and come and say HELLO! I speak maybe five words in French and I won't tell you what they are, and I am running two workshops so that will be interesting. There will be a lot of smiling and gesticulating. 

Then below are the latest downloadable designs of which there are going to be 10 this year ... The three below are Set 1 click here and the one at the bottom is one of two for Set 2 which will be ready in a couple of weeks.

Set 1 Butterfly Embroidery pattern download
Use these butterflies on a garment or as a sampler or singly as a small framed gift
Set 1 Butterfly Embroidery pattern download

Set 1 Butterfly Embroidery pattern download

Set 1 Butterfly Embroidery pattern download

Use these butterflies on a garment or as a sampler or singly as a small framed gift
Here is one I made for friend's birthday ...

Downloadable pattern for Hand Embroidery
Here I have stitched them on a coloured background


Downloadable pattern for Hand Embroidery




8 comments:

  1. Saw you mentioned in issue nineteen of Love Patchwork and Quilting but it appears there is a problem with your website www.nancynicholson.co.uk I was very much looking forward to seeing what you have to offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes !! I saw you in Nantes ! the Wednesday course was wonderful, I have now one bird and two lovely kits ;
    I hope you have good memories of Nantes and that your work and your creations were appreciated ;
    now, I expect the sale of the owl (MAGALI)

    ReplyDelete
  3. De très jolis modèles, c'est bien sympathique de nous faire voir tous ces détails de broderie. Des points que j'avais un peu oubliés§ Merci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supperv quality.
    Really awesome Embroidery works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those butterflies... and the history of France. Thank you very much for knowledgeable post.

    ReplyDelete